How Can We Change the Game for Local Millers to Enhance Nutrition? A Call for Action
Ocean Room, 16 January, Monday, 2023, 16:30-18:30 CET
A high-level, interactive discussion and networking reception (Formal event starts at 16:30 – 17:45 CET, followed by networking reception 17:45 -18:30 CET
Rising food prices and accelerating climate change continue to put millions of lives at risk of hunger and malnutrition, reinforcing the urgency of the UN Food Systems Summit’s agenda to transform food systems in ways that contribute to people’s nutrition, health and well-being, whilst providing decent jobs and inclusive economies.
This event will shine a light on the vital role that local millers – food processors – can play to advance this agenda, especially for the most vulnerable, through the fortification of commonly consumed foods with essential micronutrients, which is a proven and effective public health nutrition intervention.
Bringing together millers with large companies and other stakeholders from across the fortification food value chain, this event will identify what needs to be done differently to enable local millers to scale up access to nourishing diets for millions of vulnerable people affected by malnutrition, with leaders from across sectors committing to action to further unlock the opportunity.
Join leaders including:
- Mauricio Adade, President Latin America & Global Malnutrition Partnerships and Programs, DSM (tbc)
- Md. Kutubul Alam, Senior General Manager, Meghna Group of Industries (Bangladesh)
- Ruth Awour, Owner, Grainora Mills (Kenya)
- Paloma Fernandes, CEO, Cereal Millers Association (Kenya)
- Bernhard Kowatsch, Head, Innovation Accelerator, World Food Programme
- Penjani Mkambula, Global Program Lead, Food Fortification, GAIN
- Paul Newnham, Director, SDG 2 Hub
- Ashish Pande, Country Head, Olam Nigeria
- Md. Shafiur Rahman, Deputy Advisor, Meghna Group of Industries (Bangladesh)
- Rodger Voorhies, President, Global Growth and Opportunity, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- William Warshauer, President and CEO, TechnoServe
- Torsten Wywiol, CEO, Stern-Wywiol Gruppe
This is an event with limited space available. Kindly RSVP as soon as possible.
We will also offer a virtual option to participate in the meeting for those not able to join in person. Please indicate if you would like to receive a virtual link to the meeting.